Ultra Awesome: Maya Live motion tracking, holy crap awesome!

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Maya Live motion tracking, holy crap awesome!

Yesterday morning I was browsing through the maya help files when I came across something interesting; Maya Live.
It's a basically a fairly-easy-to-get-the-hang-of 3D motion tracking plugin for Maya.
Why the fook isn't there more stuff on this on the internet!? No tutorials, barely any documentation.
Luckily the Maya help files are actually really useful in this instance.

Anyway, after only half an hour of fiddling around and some rough tracking, I was a able to produce this;



The model is just an unfinished enzo ferrari I've been modelling for a while (haven't had the chance to work on it in ages though), I'll post some finished renders when I'm done, no doubt motion tracked to some live background footage. Awesome.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I came across your blog while looking for help with Maya Live
Wow….I can’t even get past the first part of the first tutorial in the Help system.

Good on you!!

Anonymous said...

hey i think u have it on youtueb aswell havent seen the whole of it just the table cloth.. :P hehe..

gud.. goin..

tnx..
ciao..:)

Zhi said...

Hey guys,
Im trying to learn Live as well and I must say that only with the help files, it's quite difficult.

I've came accross a couple of sources:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l4enkIrufI (low quality though)
http://www.adv.md/ilee/En/tutor02Main.html (this looks pretty good)
http://www.jeremyraven.co.nz/tutorials.html (it's down at the moment, but might get fixed)

good luck! and that's some incredible job for a first try!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Haha!
Zhiyao, it just so happens that the youtube video you posted in your comment was actually made by me!

ザ-sylver- S said...

try find PatrickBoivin's dude..there even more awesome